Title Connect is an industry leading title and escrow company. We are currently recruiting for Escrow Officers throughout California for our growing California operations! Title Connect is part of one the largest and most successful title agencies in the Country, and is licensed in 39 states and all counties in California with more states being added this year.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to manage the complete real estate closing process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements and other written instructions
- Thorough understanding the escrow process to determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions
- Resolve title defects, coordinate satisfaction/release of existing liens and encumbrances against property or sellers
- Knowledgeable in the preparation and use of all transaction documents pertaining to refinance and sale transactions
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing by assembling documents, reviewing documents with parties, explaining provisions and procedures, answering questions, reviewing completed documents for accuracy and obtaining signatures
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, and loan officer and complete closing by recording and filing documents and preparing and distributing final closing statements and title policies
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest
- Prepare HUD statements in accordance with lender instructions and applicable law
- Balance and disburse escrow file in accordance with Company procedures and ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions
- Work with management and sales team to develop new business
- Proactive focus, addressing inquiries from internal and external parties professionally and timely, rectifying issues immediately
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Escrow Officer
- Experience supervising and training escrow assistants
- College degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability and develop new business
- Current book of business required
- National experience is a plus
All onboarding employees will be required to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.