Mortgage Connect Document Solutions is on a mission to create simple solutions to the mortgage servicing document generation, execution, recording, and shipping needs. We’re seeking a Document Specialist to help guide us in our quest. As a member of our team, you will directly oversee and manage a pipeline of orders for Lien Release and Assignment of Mortgage documents. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: data input, document management, vendor oversight, client communication, and pipeline monitoring to ensure established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met.
As the Document Specialist, you will be the primary stakeholder and ultimately accountable for the performance standards of your pipeline of document orders. Maintaining our culture of respect, carry a positive attitude even during the most challenging and/or dynamic situations, and execute Mortgage Connect Document Solutions mission to create the Best-in-Class document operation supporting the mortgage servicing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the subject matter expert (SME) for a designated pipeline of orders and overall processing of document order pipeline.
- Monitoring the status of incoming and outgoing orders and products.
- Comparing documents and tracking document changes.
- Checking completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Exceptional time-management, hands-on contributor who collaborates well with others to create the best solutions for the company.
- Ensure that all steps of the Vendor Operations process are completed accurately and within the required SLA (Service Level Agreement) timeframes.
- Review and respond to system messages from partners and clients within established SLA’s.
- Responsible for client communication including timely responses and issue resolution.
- Adheres to all established policy and procedures set forth by the company to ensure efficient workflow within established standards and industry guidelines.
- Effectively communicates routinely and openly with manager and teammates regarding issues, conflicts, and concerns as they arise.
- Diagnoses problems identified through telephone and electronic communications with service providers and addresses or escalates to the appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Completes UAT (user acceptance testing) for specific workflow enhancements/changes as needed.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor when working with clients, vendors, or internal staff.
- Performs other duties as defined and needed.
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree in related field or mortgage experience (originations, closings or servicing) a plus
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, applying good judgment, with the ability to escalate when unable or unauthorized to resolve conflict, issue, or concern.
- Ability to work well in a team environment through collaboration.
- Good attention to detail making minimal errors.
- Displays the consistent ability to embrace rapid changes to SLAs, internal policies, and overall procedures.
- Takes a proactive approach, with a positive and growth mindset, collaborating with cross-functional teams and contributes to creating a good team atmosphere.
- Experienced working in fast-paced environments and able to maintain a positive and professional attitude under pressure.
- Detailed oriented, with an analytical approach and takes pride in being thorough and methodical yet able to accomplish tasks/deliverables prior to deadlines.
- Works well with little supervision; receptive to feedback and training intended to improve employee’s ability to perform at increasing levels of independence
- Ability to work overtime as required by workflow/volume fluctuations
- Willingness to become a Public Notary (paid for by MCDS)
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.