The Inserter Operator is responsible for completing all insertion work prior to the end of the business day. Duties include active knowledge of all equipment, coordinating production activities and mail courier staging with the inserter helper/ helpers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Accountable for running Intelligent Inserting Systems and able to operate multiple programs & equipment.
- Overlooking the Inserter Line and assisting others in their production activity.
- Keep an accurate count of production being shipped and properly documenting on a Log Sheet & Shipping Receipt.
- Maintain calibration and settings for inserter operation and keep inserter line consistently running in a timely manner.
- Monitor and troubleshoot equipment warnings, notices and able to make minor adjustments when needed.
- Assign tasks and coordinate production activity for help/ helpers.
- Able to be clean, stock supplies, and maintain Inserter equipment.
- Available for Operator training and Cross training in other departments.
- Able to work in a team or group.
- Able to lead by example and follow company’s SOP’s.
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- 2 plus years of relevant experience in a production facility or similar
- General computer skills (Windows 98 or higher, Word, Excel)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with an Inserter Line a plus
- Able to be a proactive
- Creative problem solving skills
- Time management
- Able to work overtime and Saturday mornings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires the employee to maintain an active or standing position for a minimum of 7-9 hours per shift.
- The position requires near vision, clarity at 20 inches or less, working and operating a computer.
- High noise levels that can increase or decrease throughout the shift from running manufacturing equipment.
- Able to lift 40lbs.
Pay Rate: $22.50-$23.50/hour
All onboarding employees will be required to complete a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time